The Department of Beaches and Harbors has informed FilmL.A. of an update to the policy when utilizing the Venice Beach Parking Lots.
Effective immediately all production companies requesting to park at the Washington Blvd., Venice Blvd., and Rose Ave. parking lots will need to adhere to the following guidelines:
- A parking monitor will be assigned to all Venice lots in which production is requesting 51 spaces or more. (Keeping the maximum of allowed spaces to 25% of each lot)
- Parking lot vendor will assign a parking monitor at the current hourly rate, which through 2022 is $28.17.
- Parking monitor will be required for a minimum of 4 hours on the first day of parking needs (Move-in Date).
- The film production Location Manager (or production representative) must check in with the parking monitor before filming vehicles and equipment enter the parking lots and park. The monitor will direct the production company where to park and review parking guidelines.
- Parking monitor will ensure production companies park within permitted parking spaces. Maps of parking lots will be distributed for reference.
- All additional standard parking guidelines will still apply.
For answers to general production related questions, contact our Production Planning team at 213-977-8600.
Photo: Google Maps